School? I think it's cool!
The BayWa Foundation’s sponsorship of the Special Needs Support Centre Munich South-East Neuperlach (SFZ) allows suitable extracurricular activities to be offered for every age. As a useful addition to the curriculum, it promotes the individual development of students with learning and speech difficulties and social and emotional problems.
Support activities for all students at the SFZ:
• Students plant, cultivate and harvest fresh vegetables in the school garden
• They grow different plants every year on the 100 m² field: Grain, potatoes, or also corn
• Healthy breakfast packages improve the ability to concentrate
• Excursions to the Obergrashof environmental house provide an insight into agriculture and nature
• Remedial horseback riding improves self-esteem
• Afternoon courses with exercise and dance awaken an enjoyment of activities and sport
• Job application training facilitates entry into professional life
“Our goal is to improve the quality of life of disadvantaged people, especially children”, explains Maria Thon, Managing Director of the BayWa Foundation. “Children suffer the most from poor living conditions, whether in Eastern Europe, Asia or here in the middle of Munich. We are therefore very happy to be able to support the children at the Special Needs Support Centre Munich South-East.”